Wednesday, October 5, 2011

When is enough -enough?

Ok, I've reached my "limit" in the amount of time we've been ttc!!  10 yrs is long enough!!!  We're selfish and greedy and want a child!!!!  I don't want to "try" any longer.  I don't want to "fight" so hard for my family any more.  I don't want to pee on any more sticks!!  I just want to be a mom!!!!!  Yet even when I start feeling like this (which has been more and more lately), I remember this quote: 
"It's hard to wait around for something that you know might not happen....but it's even harder to give up , when it's everything you've ever wanted!!"
I don't know how to stop ....even though I'm tired of it, I don't know how to stop.  Sure this may sound like a pity party and in part it is but I think eventually we all get tired of trying.  Having a family shouldn't be this hard!  It shouldn't hurt so bad.  It shouldn't take forever to share the love we have built up inside.
I hear of friends having babies- one has even had 3, yes 3, in the time that we have been trying.  Add that to a few nieces and nephews that weren't even thought of when we first started trying and the pain just intensifies.  I try so hard to be genuinely happy for them, but inside I feel like I'm dying and a piece of me is breaking yet again.  It's not right for me to feel this way.  It's not right for me to be angry with them because they have a family, yet I can't help it. 
When I hear for other people in my IF world becoming pregnant after a long battle, I do feel happy and excited for them and try to believe in my hope and faith that we too will get our miracle baby.  Somehow, in some insane reasoning, I am not as hurt by those that become pregnant in my IF world as I am by those it comes naturally to.
Maybe I should go to Disney, after all that is where they say dreams come true.  I mean writing to Santa, praying on shooting stars and wishing on pennies hasn't gotten me any closer....maybe Disney would.

No comments:

Post a Comment