Monday, October 10, 2011

What kind of mother will I be.....

For so long I’ve wondered what you would love and be like that I couldn’t help but wonder what kind of mother I would be as well.  Would I be stern, comforting, forgiving, loving and understanding?  Can I tolerate mistakes and know how to teach you right from wrong and what is correct?  Can I fix a skinned knee, mend a broken heart, comfort you while you cry, love you enough, hold you closely without being overbearing?  Will I be able to show you enough compassion, love, trust, faithfulness, honesty, sincerity, forgiveness and hope to mold you into your own strong person?  Can I show restraint for the love that breaks your heart as I know how it feels and that it is bound to happen?  When you come to me in tears and with sorrow, can I be ok with knowing I can’t correct it every time? And when the time has come for you to leave our home, can I let you go when I’ve waited so long to hold you close?   Oh child of mine, I have loved you since we started trying for you.  I pray you never have to deal with the pains that we have when it comes time for you to start a family.  I pray that your heart’s desires will come true.  I pray to be able to make it to the day when you will have your children and you can understand the love that runs within me for someone I have yet to see.  I will always love you, hear you out, be there for you, catch you if you fall, cheer you in your praise, cry with you in your sorrow.  I can not wait to see what kind of mother, grandmother and friend I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment